Thursday, June 19, 2008

L'ete

I love summer. Yes, it's hovering right around 100 degrees outside here in the Southwest, but even that can't dissuade me from loving this time of year. I love that even though I'm writing a dissertation and taking a class and working it still feels like I have endless amounts of free time (it's my delusion and I enjoy it). I love the food of summer (screw the salmonella scare-I love my tomatoes!). Summer pastas and fruits and veggies and fun summer cocktails!



I love summer clothes, too. You can live in your bikini and summer dresses. Shorts are perfectly acceptable (provided you have a tan) and everyone ends up with highlights in their hair.



I love summer books! Lighthearted reads and books you've always wanted to read but never had the time to. I'm currently reading 'Cry, the Beloved Country,' and could use some chicklit after this! Apartheid isn't for the faint of heart! It's also required that you do most of your reading sitting by a pool and that's fantastic.



Finally, the best of the best is summer romance! I know I've been complaining about all things boy related as of late, but I have a new summer crush so things are looking up. If things go well I'm sure there will be more written about it here.

No comments: