Monday, December 15, 2008

Leisure Time


So my hopes for a wonderful semester weren't exactly met. Dissertation proposal was one big panic attack and internship applications have given me a large dose of humility. I have to grade papers today and give a final tomorrow and then I'm done teaching for the rest of grad school. So strange! I loved teaching this class and this program, but teaching is a lot of work! (Who knew?!)

Well, now that things have dramatically slowed down I am a huge lazy mess. I would love to sit in bed and eat bon bons all day. And by eat bon bons I mean drink coffee, go on Facebook, and read books of no psychological significance. Alas, there's always SOMETHING to do so it seems that my leisure time will be cut short.

I have 3 interviews for internship coming up and while I'm thrilled with those interviews I'm more than a little annoyed at the ones I did not get. Texas State? University of Illinois-Chicago? Come on! Those aren't even amazing programs! I'm not great at a lot of things, but I am a damn good therapist and so it is more than a little upsetting that these programs didn't want me. I know, I know, I sound like an egotistical bitch, but I do feel this way.

No comments: