Monday, December 6, 2010

It's been years!

Hello, sorry I've been so out of touch! Reading back on this blog has put a smile on my face! That wonderful crush/boyfriend turned into a husband (Password: STOUT) just over 4 months ago. I finished internship and successfully defended my dissertation in August. I got a job at UT's counseling center a month ago and will be studying for the EPPP soon. My how time flies!

I thought grad school would never end. The things I've wanted most in my life were a PhD and a wonderful partner. Strangely, I got both of those within weeks of each other! I've never been so happy in my whole life. I tell him all the time how much I love our life. Sure, I still over-commit myself and more money would always be nice, but basically, I'm fabulously happy. I'm personally and professionally fulfilled. How many people get to say that?! I so wish I could go back to visit myself at earlier, more difficult points in my life and say, "Hey, it gets better! Keep putting the work in! It pays off." Sorry this is such a gushing, cheesy post, but it's heartfelt. Life is good!

No comments: