Saturday, March 15, 2008

The New Cary Grant


I watched Michael Clayton last night and it was really good. So good, in fact, that I woke up and just stayed in bed thinking about it. Well, mainly I was just thinking about George Clooney. He's funny and handsome and fighting worldwide hunger and actually a damn good actor and director, so why is he dating some Vegas cocktail waitress half his age?

It just doesn't make sense. You would think after seeing his good friend, Brad Pitt, be with a single mom who is trying to save the world (Although she is definitely an odd duck. Vial of your hubby's blood around your neck? Making out with your bro at the Oscars?) and his friend, Matt Damon, marry a single mom (Yes, I know she was a bartender, but she's not that attractive and is at least of legal age.) he would grow up a bit.

How can someone be so sophisticated in their professional life, but SUCH a cliche in their personal one?

Male evolutionary drive aside, here is a hilarious and politically relevant video of George and Brad up to their shenanigans.

1 comment:

mitsi said...

I'm pretty sure that George Clooney is a Kryptonite. As much as I love him and find him incredibly sexy, he must be. (sigh) I have a lunch date with John tomorrow... will let you knoe how it goes!